How to make money from How Much Money Can I Make Trading Options?

How to make money from How Much Money Can I Make Trading Options?

http://optionalpha.com – Once you have a solid understand of where our “edge” is as traders we can back into how much money you can make trading options or what your targeted portfolio returns might look like for different capital allocations. Again, it’s no unreasonable to generate an above-average (Alpha) return on a small amount of your overall capital.

==================

Listen to our #1 rated investing podcast on iTunes: http://optionalpha.com/podcast

==================

Download your free copy of the “The Ultimate Options Strategy Guide” including the top 18 strategies we use each month to generate consistent income: http://optionalpha.com/ebook

==================

Grab your free “7-Step Entry Checklist” PDF download today. Our step-by-step guide of the top things you need to check before making your next option trade: http://optionalpha.com/7steps

==================

Have more questions? We’ve put together more than 114+ Questions and detailed Answers taken from our community over the last 8 years into 1 huge “Answer Vault”. Download your copy here: http://optionalpha.com/answers

==================

Just getting started or new to options trading? You’ll love our free membership with hours of video training and courses. Grab your spot here: http://optionalpha.com/free-membership

==================

Register for one of our 5-star reviewed webinars where we take you through actionable trading strategies and real-time examples: http://optionalpha.com/webinars

==================

– Kirk & The Option Alpha Team

How to make money from trading stock market,options trading,options trader,stock charts,option strategies,stock trading,trading,put option,call option,online trading

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

• hopes26 says:

Thanks a lot for posting this

• Jon Ross says:

Hey Kirk, love the channel, love what you're doing. I have a couple of questions. Not to poke holes into the analysis, but what about the effects of implied volatility when selling premium? How does that affect your win amount and win/loss percentage (especially in a low IV period)? Also, when you do take a loss, are you assuming a full loss for defined risk trades, and how do you include the loss from undefined risk trades such as selling naked puts, etc? Any insight on these questions would be great. Other than that, this is by far the best options channel I have found. Thanks again.

– Jon

• Esman Gomez says:

I like how u explain the way you trade on these vids. Its very understandable. You have a teachers way about u. Started paper trading hope to progress.

• Hi Kirk, is this in any of your pdf files on the website?

• In this example how much would you have lost if the market did actually go below 102 (even though the probability was low that it would) – how much would have been lost?

• Ray G says:

Hi Kirk, I have noticed that you can put on both legs of an iron condor with each leg at an 80% probability but when the legs are combined the overall probability is always less like 72%. Can you explain why?

• Sam Heine says:

Great video guys, thanks so much.

• j4yd4wg1 says:

Hi Kirk, Question… if you have say a 100k account, and you're investing 25k in options (per your example), is there a reason you need to leave 75k in cash in your investment account? I mean, stated another way, could you put that 75k into a home instead, and then what you actually have is 25k in your investment account with 100% invested in options… ?

Basically, I'm trying to see if there is a necessity to have 75k in cash in your account basically not earning anything (other than a small % interest from your broker).

Thanks. Love your videos! Likely joining soon.

• David Lee says:

Some of the best options teaching I have seen!!! I love the math!!! I wish I saw this a year or two ago…always learning!!!

• lucci brisc says:

All i can say is WOW. You have truly cut the bull and just talked sense into me. I have been educating myself by watching videos and reading materials in this for past a year now. But this video alone is worth money. Thank You!!!!!!

• Hi, really good video, so if ther is a 100k account, and you invested 25%.. which is 25k.. is 25k is going to be used in margin in single trade? or 25k is the target premium you want to collect in 1 year? thank youu….

• Kapur Shah says:

i have enjoy this video and i have learned quit a lot

• Kris Kringle says:

whats the reasoning behind only trading 25% of your account? If you have an 80% chance to win wouldn't you make more money trading all of it? or is that remaining 75% what you have to put up for risk?

• Hello Kirk, I have a question on why you are taking the selling positions of the options.. what difference does it make? At first I thought it was because of the probability is higher but looking down the chart on the screen the probability is high. Maybe I am missing something..

• Eric McAlley says:

How are you quantifying your risk on each trade? How do I know what a 2% position is for example?

Thanks

• Just wondering how you get to pay only 1.25 dollars per trade.

• if i invest $5000 and my return will be 10% per year that is $500 per year.??? is it worth?

• John Lake says:

Hello: Excellent Video, Question, what control IV, the market as a whole or the sector the stock is in ? Why is one stock at 46 IV and the other is at 70 IV, what controls this ?

Thanks,

• John Lake says:

Ok, what is the difference in Implied Volatility, and Volatility, do you ever use stochastics as an indicator !

• mark says:

Is the price table that you show at 16:00 generated in Thinkorswim?

Thanks

• Hello Kirk! I'm new to trading options just learning as much as I can before I get my feet wet! What platform or where do I go to see the big chart where you can search at the top left and it shows the put on the right and call on left shows the strike prices etc.

• Winchu Lu says:

Kirk I love the videos but can you explain how if your shooting for 70% success and if you are risking $162 for a max profit of $40, can you tell me how that would be profitable if I run this same trade 10 times and win 7 times my profit would about $280(7x$40) but if I lose the other 3 it would be negative $486(3x$162), or are we taking into account a stop loss before we hit the max risk?

• Steve Vet365 says:

You say "margin" quite a few times. Margin to me is a loan from my broker so I can purchase a position. Being it is a loan, it comes with interest. If it's margin that you withdraw from your account, I think I would understand your explanations better.  Very good video. Thank you

• DrTed Lem says:

Quite nice. This is better than the mentors that I paid money for.

• WOW!!! Thanks so much Kirk, this video is amazing!!! Thanks for all the tips and strategies 🙂 I have a question, which platform are you using or how can I find a free options chains with Probability ITM ? Mine doesn't have that tool and I can't find any on the web. Can you please share a link? Cheers!!!

• You say that you ask people, do you want high profit or high roi…Shouldn't you instead be asking them what is your brokerage fee for each trade? since really roi is what matters overall, you could figure out which would be a higher profit by comparing spread vs naked by including commissions, to get comparable roi's.

• Love the video! Just to make sure I get my math right. At 20:15 the annual return is displayed at 11.71%. When I pull out my calculator, 0.12% x 365 x 25% equals to 10.95%. Not a huge difference, what I'm really worried is if I did not understand the math 🙂 Would be great if you can elaborate and thank you for a great tutorial!

• kevin veney says:

thanx for the lesson ..really helped me alot

• Philip Alu says:

This along with all the other video's from OPTIONALPHA.COM ARE MUCH MORE THAN YOU WOULD EXPECT….
    THANK YOU…..

• Hi Kirk, if you destinate 25% of your portfolio to trade in an options margin account, do you make arround 10% a year of your whole portfolio or 10% of your 25% in your options account? thanks in advance